Light Therapy: A New Tool for Managing Parkinson’s
- Johnstone DM, Moro C, Turning On Lights to Stop Neurodegeneration: The Potential of Near Infrared Light Therapy in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease. Front Neurosci. 2015;9:500. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4707222/. Accessed online February 12, 2018.
- Near Infrared Chronic Intracranial Illumination for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's Disease Research Grant Published 2013. https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/grant-detail.php?grant_id=1181. Accessed online February 12, 2018.
- Johnstone, D. The potential of light therapy in Parkinson’s disease Published February 2014. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260267066_The_potential_of_light_therapy_in_Parkinson's_disease. Accessed online February 12, 2018.
- Whelan, H.T. NIR-LED Treatment for Parkinson’s disease. Medical College of Wisconsin. http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-AT003002-02. Accessed online February 11, 2018.
- Shining a light on a different approach to Parkinson’s disease. Australian Magazine. Published May 2, 2016. http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/articles/light. Accessed online February 12, 2018.
- Moon, M. Light therapy eases Parkinson’s-related sleep disturbances. Clinical Neurology News. Published February 21, 2017 https://www.mdedge.com/clinicalneurologynews/article/131767/parkinsons-disease/light-therapy-eases-parkinsons-related-sleep. Accessed online February 12, 2018.
- Mitrofanis J. Why and how does light therapy offer neuroprotection in Parkinson's disease?. Neural Regen Res. 2017;12(4):574-575. Published online May 4, 2017. http://www.nrronline.org/article.asp?issn=1673-5374;year=2017;volume=12;issue=4;spage=574;epage=575;aulast=Mitrofanis. Accessed online February 12, 2018.