Mind-Body Exercises: Yoga & Mindfulness with Parkinson’s
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: April 2019
- National Institutes of Health. Accessed online on 2/8/17 at https://medlineplus.gov/magazine/issues/winter08/articles/winter08pg4.html.
- Katz R, Herrmann D, Piliavsky S, Rice S. Efficacy of breathing exercises and relaxation techniques for patients with neurological disorders. Presented at American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Convention 2008. Accessed online on 2/8/17 at www.asha.org/Events/convention/handouts/2008/2216_Katz_Rachael/.
- Mayo Clinic. Accessed online on 2/8/17 at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/parkinsons-disease/basics/alternative-medicine/con-20028488.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 2/8/17 at http://www.pdf.org/breathing.
- Schlesinger I, Benyakov O, Erikh I, Suraiya S, Schiller Y. Parkinson's disease tremor is diminished with relaxation guided imagery. Mov Disord. 2009 Oct 30;24(14):2059-62. doi: 10.1002/mds.22671.