Special Populations Affected By Parkinson’s Disease
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- Parkinson’s Disease. NIH Publication No. 15-139. Dec 2014. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 12/9/16 at http://www.pdf.org/en/parkinson_young_onset.
- National Parkinson Foundation. Accessed online on 12/9/16 at http://www.parkinson.org/understanding-parkinsons/what-is-parkinsons/young-onset-parkinsons.
- Reeve A, Simcox E, Turnbull D. Ageing and Parkinson’s disease: why is advancing age the biggest risk factor? Ageing Res. Rev., 2014 Mar;14(100):19–30.
- Wirdefeldt K, Adami HO, Cole P, Trichopoulos D, Mandel J. Epidemiology and etiology of Parkinson's disease: a review of the evidence. Eur J Epidemiol. 2011 Jun;26 Suppl 1:S1-58.
- Shulman LM. Gender differences in Parkinson’s disease. Gend Med. 2007;4:8-18.
- Lyons KE, Hubble JP, Tröster AI, Pahwa R, Koller WC. Gender differences in Parkinson’s disease. Clin Neuropharm. 1998 Mar/Apr;21(2):118-121.
- Diamond SG, Markham CH, Hoehn MM, McDowell FH, Muenter MD. An examination of male‐female differences in progression and mortality of Parkinson's disease. Neurology May 1990;40(5):763. doi: http:/ / dx. doi. org/ 10. 1212/ WNL. 40. 5. 763