Parkinson’s Disease in Men
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- Wirdefeldt K, Adami HO, Cole P, Trichopoulos D, Mandel J. Epidemiology and etiology of Parkinson's disease: a review of the evidence. Eur J Epidemiol. 2011 Jun;26 Suppl 1:S1-58.
- Parkinson’s Disease. NIH Publication No. 15-139. Dec 2014. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health.
- Lyons KE, Hubble JP, Tröster AI, Pahwa R, Koller WC. Gender differences in Parkinson’s disease. Clin Neuropharm. 1998 Mar/Apr;21(2):118-121.
- Haaxma CA, Bloem BR, Borm GF, Oyen WJG, Leenders KL, Eshuls S, Booij J, Dluzen DE, Horstink MW. Gender differences in Parkinson’s disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2007;78:819-824 doi:10.1136/jnnp.2006.103788
- Diamond SG, Markham CH, Hoehn MM, McDowell FH, Muenter MD. An examination of male‐female differences in progression and mortality of Parkinson's disease. Neurology May 1990;40(5):763. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1212/WNL.40.5.763
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 12/6/16 at http://www.pdf.org/en/about_pd.
- Shulman LM. Gender differences in Parkinson’s disease. Gend Med. 2007;4:8-18.
- Yale University. "Estrogen Deprivation Leads To Death Of Dopamine Cells In The Brain." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 5 December 2000. Accessed online on 12/12/16 at www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/12/001204072446.htm.