Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: October 2019
- University of Maryland Medical Center. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/parkinsons-disease.
- Complementary and integrative medicine, MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/complementaryandintegrativemedicine.html
- Mayo Clinic. Accessed online on 2/8/17 at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/parkinsons-disease/basics/alternative-medicine/con-20028488.
- American Massage Therapy Association. Accessed online on 6/2/16 at https://www.amtamassage.org/.
- S. Food and Drug Administration. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm195635.htm.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at http://www.pdf.org/en/fall03_Nutritional.
- Medical marijuana. Parkinson’s Foundation website. http://www.parkinson.org/Understanding-Parkinsons/Treatment/Medical-Marijuana. Accessed online October 24, 2018.
- Lotan I, Treves TA, Cannabis (medical marijuana) treatment for motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson disease: an open-label observational study. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2014;37(2):41-4. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24614667. Accessed online October 24, 2018.