Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- S. Food and Drug Administration. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm195635.htm.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at http://www.pdf.org/en/fall03_Nutritional and http://www.pdf.org/en/science_news/release/pr_1398181054
- University of Maryland Medical Center. Accessed online on 2/7/17 at http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/parkinsons-disease.
- Writing Group for the NINDS Exploratory Trials in Parkinson Disease (NET-PD) Investigators, Kieburtz K, et al. Effect of creatine monohydrate on clinical progression in patients with Parkinson disease: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2015 Feb 10;313(6):584-93. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.120.
- Hughes KC, Gao X, Kim IY, Rimm EB, Wang M, Weisskopf MG, Schwarzschild MA, Ascherio A. Intake of antioxidant vitamins and risk of Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2016 Dec;31(12):1909-1914. doi: 10.1002/mds.26819. Epub 2016 Oct 27.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Accessed online on 3/10/17 at https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/grant-detail.php?grant_id=1424.
- Mythri RB, Bharath MM. Curcumin: a potential neuroprotective agent in Parkinson's disease. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18(1):91-9.
- Curcumin shows promise in attacking Parkinson’s disease. Michigan State University. Accessed online on 2/8/17 at http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2012/curcumin-shows-promise-in-attacking-parkinson/.