A Surprising Reason to See the Dentist: Oral Hygiene & Parkinson’s
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ParkinsonsDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Bollero P, Franco R, et al. Oral health and implant therapy in Parkinson’s patients: review. National Institutes of Health. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5965075/
- Zlotnik Y, Balash,Y, et al. Disorders of the Oral Cavity in Parkinson’s Disease and Parkinsonian Syndromes. ResearchGate. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272422069_Disorders_of_the_Oral_Cavity_in_Parkinson's_Disease_and_Parkinsonian_Syndromes
- Ella B, Ghorayeb I, et al. Bruxism in Movement Disorders: A Comprehensive Review. Research Gate. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/301299971_Bruxism_in_Movement_Disorders_A_Comprehensive_Review
- Treating Dental Issues. Parkinson's Foundation. https://www.parkinson.org/Living-with-Parkinsons/Managing-Parkinsons/Dental-Health/Treating-Dental-Issues
- Classification of severity level of PD according to modified Hoehn and Yahr scale (Hoehn and Yahr, 1967). National Institutes of Health. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5965075/table/t1-105-111/?report=objectonly