Mindfulness for PD – What Does the Research Say?
- Pickut BA, Van Hecke W, Kerckhofs E, et al. Mindfulness based intervention in Parkinson's disease leads to structural brain changes on MRI: a randomized controlled longitudinal trial. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2013;115:2419-2425.
- Fitzpatrick L, Simpson J, Smith A. A qualitative analysis of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) in Parkinson's disease. Psychol Psychother 2010;83:179-192.
- Grossman P, Kappos L, Gensicke H, et al. MS quality of life, depression, and fatigue improve after mindfulness training: a randomized trial. Neurology 2010;75:1141-1149.
- See for instance the articles in a recent publication entitled Neural Mechanisms Underlying Movement-Based Embodied Contemplative Practices.
- Li F, Harmer P, Fitzgerald K, et al. Tai chi and postural stability in patients with Parkinson's disease. N Engl J Med 2012;366:511-519.
- Teixeira-Machado L, Araujo FM, Cunha FA, Menezes M, Menezes T, Melo DeSantana J. Feldenkrais method-based exercise improves quality of life in individuals with Parkinson's disease: a controlled, randomized clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med 2015;21:8-14.