Marijuana Use in People with Parkinson’s
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ParkinsonsDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- McGaughy L. Texas expands access to medical marijuana. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/06/15/texas-expands-access-to-medical-marijuana/. Accessed September 2019.
- Volkow ND, Baler RD, Compton WM, Weiss SR. Adverse health effects of marijuana use. N Engl J Med. 2014;370(23):2219–2227. doi:10.1056/NEJMra1402309
- Choi N, et al. Potential Harms of Marijuana Use Among Older Adults. Public Policy & Aging Report. 2019; 29(3): 88–94. https://doi.org/10.1093/ppar/prz011
- Cohen K, et al. Positive and negative effects of cannabis and cannabinoids on health. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2019; 105(5):1139-1147. https://doi.org/10.1002/cpt.1381
- CDC. Fact Sheets - Alcohol Use and Your Health. https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm. Accessed September 2019.
- National Conference of State Legislatures. Marijuana Overview. http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/marijuana-overview.aspx. Accessed September 2019.
- Lopez G. 15 states have decriminalized — but not legalized — marijuana. https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/8/20/17938358/marijuana-legalization-decriminalization-states-map. Accessed September 2019.
- Mohanty D, Lippmann S. Marijuana for Parkinson's disease?. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2019;16(1-2):33–34.
- Parkinson's Foundation. Medical marijuana. https://www.parkinson.org/Understanding-Parkinsons/Treatment/Medical-Marijuana. Accessed September 2019.
- Michael J Fox Foundation. Ask the MD: Medical Marijuana and Parkinson's Disease. https://www.michaeljfox.org/news/ask-md-medical-marijuana-and-parkinsons-disease. Accessed September 2019.