What’s the Connection Between Parkinson’s and Migraines?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ParkinsonsDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- BSc K. Migraine in middle age linked to Parkinson's disease. News-Medical.net. https://www.news-medical.net/news/20140918/Migraine-in-middle-age-linked-to-Parkinsons-disease.aspx[. Published 2018. Accessed August 18, 2018.
- McIntosh J. Link found between migraine and Parkinson's. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282678.php. Published 2018. Accessed August 18, 2018.
- Bedford C. Lrrk2 regulates voltage gated calcium channel function. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016;(35).
- Migraine Headaches Could Be Early Indicator of Parkinson's Disease. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/migraine-headaches-parkinsons-indicator-091714. Accessed August 18, 2018.
- Sydney Lupkin. Migraines Linked to Parkinson's Risk. Medpagetoday.com. https://www.medpagetoday.com/neurology/migraines/56133. Accessed February 8, 2017.