Diagnosis – The Levodopa Challenge
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 1/11/17 at http://www.pdf.org/.
- Suchowersky O, Reich S, Perlmutter J, Zesiewicz T, Gronseth G, Weiner WJ; Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Practice Parameter: diagnosis and prognosis of new onset Parkinson disease (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2006 Apr 11;66(7):968-75.
- Merello M, Nouzeilles MI, Arce GP, Leiguarda R. Accuracy of acute levodopa challenge for clinical prediction of sustained long-term levodopa response as a major criterion for idiopathic Parkinson's disease diagnosis. Mov Disord. 2002 Jul;17(4):795-8.
- Clarke CE, Davies P. Systematic review of acute levodopa and apomorphine challenge tests in the diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2000;69:590-594 doi:10.1136/jnnp.69.5.590.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Accessed online on 1/10/17 at https://www.michaeljfox.org/understanding-parkinsons/i-have-got-what.php