Music Therapy: Sing Your Way Through Parkinson’s
- What is Music Therapy? American MusicTherapy Association website. https://www.musictherapy.org/about/musictherapy/. Accessed online April 10, 2018.
- Raglio A. Music Therapy Interventions in Parkinson's Disease: The State-of-the-Art. Front Neurol. 2015;6:185. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4553388/pdf/fneur-06-00185.pdf. Accessed online April 10, 2018.
- Dobson, C. Neurologic music therapy group helps people with Parkinson’s disease. https://www.apdaparkinson.org/what-is-parkinsons/treatment-medication/alternative-treatment/music-therapy/. Accessed online April 11, 2018.
- Dolhun, R. Music as Medicine for the Mind. Published September 25, 2015. https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/news-detail.php?music-as-medicine-for-the-mind. Accessed online April 10, 2018.
- SING-PD: Singing In Groups for Parkinson's Disease: A Phase I/II Study of Choral Therapy for PD-related Voice/Speech Impairment. Published 2009. https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/grant-detail.php?grant_id=566. Accessed online April 10, 2018.
- Singing May Be Good Medicine for Parkinson's Patients Published August 11, 2014 https://consumer.healthday.com/cognitive-health-information-26/parkinson-s-news-526/singing-may-be-good-medicine-for-parkinson-s-patients-725273.html. Accessed online April 10, 2018.
- Iowa State University. Music therapy helps people with Parkinson's build strength through song. ScienceDaily, Published August 2, 2017. www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170802153940.htm. Accessed online April 11, 2018.