Symptoms – Loss of Sense of Smell (Hyposmia)
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Accessed online on 1/5/17 at https://www.michaeljfox.org/understanding-parkinsons/living-with-pd/topic.php?smell-loss.
- Ponson MM, Stoffers D, Booji J, et al. Idiopathic hyposmia as a preclinical sign of Parkinson’s disease. Ann Neurol 2004;56:173–18.
- Accessed online on 1/5/17 at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588523_5
- Del Tredici K, Braak H. Review: sporadic Parkinson’s disease: development and distribution of alpha-synuclein pathology. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2016 Feb;42(1):33-50. doi: 10.1111/nan.12298.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 1/5/17 at http://www.pdf.org/en/science_news/release/pr_1333646414