Dancing Your Way to a Better Quality of Life with Parkinson’s
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ParkinsonsDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Rosenthal, L. and Dorsey, E. The Benefits of Exercise in Parkinson Disease. [online] Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4122088/.
- Phoebe Woei-Ni Hwang, K. The Effectiveness of Dance Interventions to Improve Older Adults’ Health: A Systematic Literature Review. PubMed Central (PMC). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5491389/.
- Dance for People With Parkinson Disease: What Is the Evidence Telling Us? Shanahan, Joanne et al. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Volume 96, Issue 1, 141 - 153
- Earhart, G. Dance as Therapy for Individuals with Parkinson Disease. [online] PubMed Central (PMC). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2780534/.
- Hackney ME. Effects of tango on functional mobility in Parkinson's disease: a preliminary study. - PubMed - NCBI. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18172414.
- New England Journal of Medicine. (2019). Leisure Activities and the Risk of Dementia in the Elderly | NEJM. [online] Available at: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa022252.