Cardiovascular Disease and Parkinson’s
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- Parkinson Research Foundation. Accessed online on 2/25/17 at http://parkinsonhope.org/link-between-parkinsons-and-heart-disease-discovered/
- The American Heart Association. Accessed online on 2/25/17 at http://www.heart.org.
- Chen Y, Dorn GW. PINK1-phosphorylated mitofusin 2 is a Parkin receptor for culling damaged mitochondria. Science. 2013 Apr 26;340(6131):471-5. doi: 10.1126/science.1231031.
- Parkinson’s UK. Accessed online on 2/25/17 at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/26-september-2016/new-research-highlights-importance-cardiovascular-health-parkinsons
- Swallow DMA, Lawton MA, Grosset KA, et al Statins are underused in recent-onset Parkinson's disease with increased vascular risk: findings from the UK Tracking Parkinson's and Oxford Parkinson's Disease Centre (OPDC) discovery cohorts J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2016;87:1183-1190.