How is Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosed?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2017
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Accessed online on 1/10/17 at http://www.pdf.org/en/diagnosis.
- Suchowersky O, Reich S, Perlmutter J, Zesiewicz T, Gronseth G, Weiner WJ; Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Practice Parameter: diagnosis and prognosis of new onset Parkinson disease (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2006 Apr 11;66(7):968-75.
- Pagan FL. Improving outcomes through early diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. Am J Manag Care. 2012 Sep;18(7 Suppl):S176-82.
- Postuma RB, Berg D. Advances in markers of prodromal Parkinson disease. Nat Rev Neurol. 2016;12:622-634.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Accessed online on 1/10/17 at https://www.michaeljfox.org/understanding-parkinsons/i-have-got-what.php