Palliative Care vs. End-of Life/Hospice Care: What’s the Difference?
- Maurie Markman, Changing the Conversation: Palliative Care Does Not Necessarily Mean End-of-Life Care. Medscape. Published May 20, 2016. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/863333. Accessed July 8, 2018.
- Understanding Palliative/Supportive Care: What Every Caregiver Should Know. Family Caregiver Alliance. National Center on Caregiving. Published 2016. https://www.caregiver.org/understanding-palliativesupportive-care-what-every-caregiver-should-know Accessed July 8, 2018.
- Canadian Medical Association Journal. Palliative care viewed as a stigma, despite improving quality of life: Study indicates education, rebranding could help spread benefits. ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 18 April 2016. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160418130640.htm Accessed July 8, 2018.
- What is palliative care? Medline Plus. US National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD. Updated June 4, 2018. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000536.htm Accessed July 8, 2018.
- Parkinson’s Disease and Palliative Care. Center to Advance Palliative Care. 2018. https://getpalliativecare.org/whatis/disease-types/parkinsons-disease-palliative-care/ Accessed July 8, 2018.
- Palliative Care. The Relief You Need When You Have a Serious Illness. National Institute of Nursing Research. April 2018. https://www.ninr.nih.gov/sites/files/docs/palliative-care-brochure.pdf Accessed July 8, 2018.